Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Show Me What I'm Looking For

You asked me to show you how much I really liked you, how much you meant to me. And although I may put my uttermost effort into this, I don't think that message will ever get through. It would be like someone explaining the taste of water, or the feel of a first kiss, or explaining emptiness to your soul. All these things are inexplicable, so I'm gonna try.  

"Its all your fault, you called me beautiful. You turned me out and now I can't turn back again." -P!nk

Before I had you in my life, not as a boyfriend but as a friend, I never had someone I could go to for advice, advice that would actually help me in whatever I needed. I never laughed as hard as I do daily, usually to the point of tears. I never had someone who would stay up with me when I was crying to see me smile again, even if sometimes we went until four in the morning.

I wake up daily smiling to myself because I have someone there for me to listen to all my problems, to listen to all my questions, everything. I have someone on whom I can confide in to be my best friend, someone who I can trust with even my deepest troubles. I have a lover who keeps my heart racing and butterflies flying against the walls of my stomach. And each day before I go to bed I make sure to turn to Charlie and inhale your scent with hopes that you'll stay with me throughout my dreams. 

"Every long-lost dream led me to where you are. Others who broke my heart, they were like Northern stars, pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true- that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you." -Rascal Flatts.

I don't know what else to say to prove my point, I just hope you understand that I need you in my life. 


Photocredit: PaperTissue



No comments:

Post a Comment